WVU IMC Friends and Family,
Every month we pull together IMC program news and deliver it to your inbox. Below is the June 2016 edition.
If you have news that you’d like to share, please send it to Ally Kennedy at Algilmore@mail.wvu.edu.
- The IMC program received four PRSA-WV Chapter Awards. Read more about all the awards WVU won here.
- Congratulations to Bob Sukys who was named the 2016 Alexia Vanides IMC Teaching Award winner.
- INTEGRATE Chicago has been scheduled for Nov. 1-2. An open house will take place on the 1st and the conference will be on the 2nd. Visit the website for more information. We hope to see you in the Windy City!
- Thank you to everyone who attended INTEGRATE 2016, we hope you had a blast! If you missed it, view our recap and read our article . Videos of all presentations are available in the Knowledge Base.
- Have you moved/changed primary e-mail? Please update your contact information.
- Melissa Glass (’14) is now a consultant on the integrated marketing team at AARP in Washington, DC.
- Mel Moraes (’14) accepted a position in digital marketing with UPMC.
- Kimberly Conrad (’11) accepted a position as assistant professor marketing at WV Wesleyan College in Buckhannon, WV. This is her first fulltime teaching position.
- Holly Barringer (‘12) accepted the position of marketing manager, global experiences and events at National Geographic.
- IMC 634 instructor Stephen Menick wrote and directed a 17-minute documentary called “Honorable Journey,” which is about the generation of Japanese Americans who came of age during World War II. It is online at the Smithsonian. View it here: http://cgm.smithsonianapa.org/resources/honorable-journey. Menick also received an Emmy (Writer- Non-News) for his contributions to “Jeremiah,” an hour-long documentary aired on PBS. Watch it here: https://vimeo.com/145524765.
- IMC 612 instructor Bryan Bennett has written a new book on healthcare analytics. You can find the book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1530745209/ref=cm_sw_su_dp .
- IMC 638 instructor Mike Fulton was quoted in the the following article about joining a coalition. View his input here: http://connectivity.cqrollcall.com/thinking-of-forming-or-joining-a-coalition-ask-yourself-these-9-questions-first/. Fulton will also be participating in a webinar July 19 at 2 pm ET on Strategies for Winning and Retaining PR and Lobbying clients. Register here: http://www.lobbyists.info/rainmakers-strategies-for-winning-and-retaining-clients-071916.
- Navigating today’s KIND of media environment – Megan Bayles
- Consumer Insights and Content Creation – Alison Hosko
- Keeping Consumers “Lovin’ It!” – Megan Bayles
- Getting the Wind Behind Your Sails: Pirate Ships and Propelling Brands – Alison Hosko
- Reflecting on #INTEGRATE16 – Megan Bayles
- My “Integrated” Experience – Alison Hosko
- Make your integrated marketing efforts so sweet, it’s like they were “Just Born” today – Megan Bayles
- INTEGRATE16 Video: Advice for Young Professionals – Kat Shanahan
- #INTEGRATE16 Bucket List – Rebecca Olsavsky
- Get to Know the Online and Offline Makeup of the IMC@WVU Community – Julie Long