September WVU Reed College of Media Online Programs Monthly E-News
WVU IMC and DMC Friends and Family,
Every month we pull together program news and deliver it to your inbox. Below is the September 2016 edition.
If you have news that you’d like to share, please send it to Ally Kennedy at Allyson.Kennedy@mail.wvu.edu.
- Read our latest news story: “IMC students present capstone projects to Pearl S. Buck Birthplace Foundation.”
- In the Orlando area? Join us for a networking open house at the Loews Sapphire Falls Hotel on 10/05 from 6:30-8 p.m. RSVP with the Wufoo form hyperlinked.
- INTEGRATE Chicago is Nov. 1-2. A networking reception will take place on the 1st and the conference will be on the 2nd. For an additional $25 off of the early bird rate, use code INTCHI2016 when you register. Visit the website for more information. We hope to see you in Chicago!
- Watch our graduate profile on David Hazelton, design director at ProShare Advisors, LLC. Find it here.
- Watch our graduate profile on Jenn Wood Cunningham, director of university relations at WVU Tech. Find it here.
- Watch our student profile on Ellyn Troup, account executive at Garage Team Mazda. Find it here.
- IMC Instructor Mike Fulton will be presenting a webinar “Make time for Networking and Relationship Development” in the IMC Dashboard on Oct. 11 at 7 pm ET. All students, alumni and instructors are invited to attend. Alumni – here is the link you can use to access the session: http://wvuimc.adobeconnect.com/dashboard/.
- Interested in blogging for the IMC Blog? Contact Ally Kennedy at Allyson.Kennedy@mail.wvu.edu. We are changing the format of the blog to include students, graduates and faculty bloggers.
- Have a job to add to our Job Board? Email the information to Ally at Allyson.Kennedy@mail.wvu.edu.
- Have you moved/changed primary email? Please update your contact information.
- Heather Sammons (’15) joined the team at Heston Farm in Fairmont, West Virginia, as the marketing manager.
- Paul Rhien (’16) accepted the role of public information officer at the New Mexico Department of Health.
- IMC instructor Mike Fulton published the following article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/public-policy-initiatives-still-have-great-potential-mike-fulton?trk=hp-feed-article-title-publish. He also moderated a PRSA panel in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 15.
- Succeeding in the MarCom Industry– Ally Kennedy
- Top 10 Reasons to Love Social Media in Marketing – Amber Hoffer
- Learning to be Flexible – Chris Fujimoto
- Streaming is the New Fan Experience – Alyssa Hough
- 7 Tips to Succeed in an Online Learning Environment – WVU IMC
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Social Media Influencer on Your Payroll – Katra Cunningham