WVU IMC and DMC Friends and Family,
Every month we pull together program news and deliver it to your inbox. Below is the August 2016 edition.
If you have news that you’d like to share, please send it to Ally Kennedy at Algilmore@mail.wvu.edu.
- This fall, the first cohort began the Data Marketing Communications master’s program. Read more about it here.
- Check out our graduate profile on Kerri Schaffer, who works in employee communications in New York City. Watch it here.
- Watch our graduate profile on Ryan Nolan, global public relations manager at Johnson Controls in Greendale, Wisconsin. Find it here.
- Watch our graduate profile on Whitney Drake, manager of social care & strategy at General Motors in Detroit, Michigan. Watch it here.
- Cassandra Lang, a former graduate assistant for Online Programs, has joined the administrative team as an instructional designer. Read more about Cassandra here.
- INTEGRATE Chicago is Nov. 1-2. A networking reception will take place on the 1st and the conference will be on the 2nd. Hurry, the early bird rate ends Sept. 15. For an additional $25 off of the early bird rate, use code INTCHI2016 when you register. Visit the website for more information. We hope to see you in the Windy City!
- Interested in blogging for the IMC Blog? Contact Ally Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are changing the format of the blog to include students, graduates and faculty bloggers.
- Have a job to add to our Job Board? Email the information to Ally at email@example.com.
- Have you moved/changed primary e-mail? Please update your contact information.
- Melissa Casias (’14) has accepted a new role at AkzoNobel as the digital channel specialist. She will be moving to Amsterdam for a few years to manage a global website redesign and launch campaign.
- Shayna Varner (’13) has joined the Karma Agency, an independent strategic communications firm headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as an Account Supervisor. She previously served as Press Secretary to West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin.
- Beth Hendricks (’15) is now a marketing instructor for Study.com. She also works as the marketing strategist for Bowles Rice LLP in Charleston, WV.
- IMC 619 instructor Joe Barnes published a new book “Social Media Ethics Made Easy.” Find it here.
- IMC 613 & 621 & DMC 662 instructor Patti Girardi published an article in Brand Quarterly called “The New Millennials: Transitioning Generation Y to Generation Z.”
- IMC 612 & DMC 661 instructor Bryan Bennett published an article in Predictive Analytics Times called “Need a Data Scientist? Try Building a ‘DataScienceStein’.”
- IMC 638 instructor Mike Fulton was quoted in the following article: http://connectivity.cqrollcall.com/11-tips-for-building-an-organization-from-the-ground-up/.
- Emerging Media and How it Relates to Reaching Me and other Millennials in Our Digital Space – John Conforti
- Succeeding in the IMC program: I asked, they answered. – Ally Kennedy
- Top resources for IMC students – Ally Kennedy
- Twitter Hashtags Enhance Asher Media Placements and Amplify Reach of Key Client Messages – Mike Fulton
- Facebook Finally Gave Its “LIKE” Button a New Makeover – Kayla Kesselman
- Want to stay updated on when we post a new blog post? Follow us on WordPress! Click “Follow” in the bottom right corner and add your email address to get notified every time we post.