WVU IMC Friends and Family,
Every month we pull together IMC program news and deliver it to your inbox. Below is the July 2016 edition.
If you have news that you’d like to share, please send it to Ally Kennedy at Algilmore@mail.wvu.edu.
- Congratulations to our summer graduates!
- Check out the featured capstone projects from IMC 636 this past spring.
- INTEGRATE Chicago is Nov. 1-2. A networking reception will take place on the 1st and the conference will be on the 2nd. For an additional $25 off of the early bird rate, use code INTCHI2016 when you register. Visit the website for more information. We hope to see you in the Windy City!
- Interested in blogging for the IMC Blog? Contact Ally Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are changing the format of the blog to include students, graduates and faculty bloggers.
- Watch our graduate profile on Michelle Trautman, manager of integrated marketing communications at LORD Corporation.
- Watch our graduate profile on Andrea Joliet, director of corporate communications at Akron Children’s Hospital.
- Have you moved/changed primary e-mail? Please update your contact information.
- Joe Factor (’15) accepted a position with Capella University as a market produce manager. He is also pursuing his Ph.D. in business management with a specialization in marketing from Capella University.
- Sarim Raziuddin is now a marketing specialist in charge of U.S. Tradeshows and Canadian Business at Equity Lifestyle Properties.
- Seth Fogle (‘11) joined Brenton Productions as director of sales & marketing.
- Tracy Gould (’10) is now director of marketing and communications for NC REALTORS in Greensboro, NC. She also is a professor at High Point University, teaching three courses each semester on the principles of marketing and social media marketing. Gould led a workshop on content marketing in Miami, FL at the national REALTORS Communications Directors Summit. She also achieved certification as a Certified Professional Services Marketing (CPSM) in June.
- Erin Grubbs (’14) accepted a marketing specialist position focusing on content marketing for SunGard K-12.
- Francie Williamson (’10) is now a communications specialist at The Stanley Foundation in Muscatine, Iowa.
- IMC 612 instructor Keith Quesenberry published an article in the Harvard Business Review titled “Fix your Social Media Strategy by Taking it Back to Basics.” Read it here: https://hbr.org/2016/07/fix-your-social-media-strategy-by-taking-it-back-to-basics.
- IMC 638 instructor Mike Fulton was quoted (http://blog.adeccousa.com/2016-presidential-election-jobs/ ) on how to find jobs on political campaigns.
- The Pearl S. Buck Birthplace Foundation – Challenge Accepted – Genevieve Williams
- The Cross-Cutting Intangible We All Need To Master: Improving People Skills – Mike Fulton
- Unexpected, Difficult, Rewarding – Megan Bayles