Earlier this summer, in my cubicle over 1,000 miles away from the Orlando, FL stage, I watched the Social Fresh East Conference live stream. As the event unfolded on Twitter, one handle, @iSocialFanz, specifically caught my attention with the volume and breadth of visually engaging live tweets. The man behind the handle was Brian Fanzo, Chief Digital Strategist and Partner at BroadSuite | Leading Digital & Social Business Change @iSocialFanz.
Brian grabs industry attention because he believes “We as a social community create conversations, that create ripples that will change the world!” The hashtag he uses to exemplify his mantra is #ShowUcare.
As Integrated Marketing Communications graduate students, we must remember to create content that shows we care. Brian was gracious enough to create a video that answers the following questions:
- Can you describe your role as Technology Community Evangelist at iSocialFanz?
- #ShowUcare is your professional philosophy. What examples can you provide that best exemplify your approach?
- How do you approach curating content?
- You are very well connected on social media! How many platforms do you utilize to produce your content?
- What best practices can you offer for hosting and participating in Twitter chats?
- If you could only follow ten thought leaders on Twitter who would make your list?
- Which conferences do you view as being the ones every practitioner should attend?
- How has content marketing and storytelling changed the social media field?
- For students starting to build their professional social media presence, what advice can you offer?
- What change do you want to see happen for businesses currently utilizing social media?
- Learn how to social listen
- Find social communities
- Treat your digital impression like your first impression
- Unfollow the haters
- Upcycle Content
- Find your voice and be yourself
- Focus on 1:1 communication
Twitter Thought Leader List:
A special WVU IMC thank you goes out to Brian Fanzo for taking the time to participate in this post!
Make sure to follow Brian on social media and be sure to tag worthy content with the #ShowUcare hashtag.